Accommodation and Facilities
* The allotment of Accommodation will be done on the first day of arrival (check Infy Training - First Day for first day process )
All Boys will get Single rooms and Almost all Girls will get shared rooms. Still 1 percentile of Girls who are extremely lucky stand a chance to get single rooms!
* The charges for the shared accommodation is Rs. 3000/- per month, per person and charges for single occupancy is Rs. 3750/- per month, per person. So girls are bound to get more compensation than Boys during training! ( The Avg. salary for boys is about 13-14k whereas for Girls it is 14-15k)
* This charges for accommodation will be deducted from the salary. No need to pay any amount in advance. Please note that rooms will be allotted on the basis of availability and requests for room change will not be obliged.
* The Accommodation will be arranged only for the Trainees only, so anybody accompanying you (Parents or Guardians) won't be able to avail accommodation.
* All these facilities are there in your room :
Towel, bed sheet, bed covers,pillows, pillow cover, quilt, coffee and tea sachets with sugar (daily 1 each), bathing towel, 6 hangers, doormat, coffee and tea maker, a cup, glass, spoon, table lamp, wall clock, LCD TV, basket for dirty clothes, Almirah with electronic locker, all out for mosquitoes water bottle, table and study chair , sofa, western style bathroom with shower, an AC (though you will never feel the need to switch it on)
* Things you may or may not carry (as you can buy them in campus) :
Nail cutters, pens, pencil, copies and all kinds of stationary,
Face washes and creams (unless it's a rare brand)
Umbrellas/rain coats.. torrential rains are quite common in Mysore.
* There is also a large departmental store (more like supermarket) where you can buy all your daily stuffs.
* There are 4-6 ATM centres near GEC 1 and GEC 2(Global education center), ILI, ECC (Employee Care Centre), Food Courts. So you won't have issues regarding ATMs in the campus.
Also during the Induction program (1st week) they will help us to open an ICICI Bank account.
* The new staff hostels are at a good distance from the GECs, so If you are a sincere and punctual chap you wont mind walking to the GECs, for everyone else there are the bicycles, around 2500 of them, There are at least one cycle stand in front of every major building, so you won't even have to search for them.
* Almost every hostel has an attached Laundromat where you can wash your clothes in the machine and also get them ironed, so need to get a iron from home (the choice is yours though).
You can get the tickets for the Laundromat at the Reception or at the Laundromat itself.
* The ECC (Employee Care Centre) is the most important place for a Trainee in the campus. Built on Spanish architectural design, it has every facility you can think of, namely a gymnasium, badminton courts, table tennis, & squash courts, pool tables, aerobics centre swimming pool, Jacuzzi, bowling alley, climbing wall, meditation hall, Bank, Laundromat, company store and 5-bed medical centre.
* The 4 screen multiplex in Infosys Mysore is used to screen movies during weekends as well as hold various events. it's located near the ECC and 2 movies are shown each weekend, one from Hollywood and the other from Bollywood, total 6 shows( 3 for each movie), the tickets are available at the ECC and a huge crowd forms a long queue for the tickets. the tickets are available around 2 hours before the show. So make sure you are in time if you want a good view of the show!
(If you find this post useful don't forget to Like n Share on Facebook. And do post your Feedback as comments)